Sunday, July 31, 2011

Dog Days of Summer

Well, duh it's hot here.  It is a tad too sticky to sleep well and the air conditioner refuses to turn off.  The kids are grumpy, and eating everything in sight.  The dogs refuse to go for a walk and the cost of food seems to be higher this summer than last.

For some reason I am out of shorts and had to wear jeans this morning.  I was supposed to do a lot of things this weekend and last weekend but failed  for many different excuses.  Mostly it is time to buy, buy, buy for back to school; and since I lack the cash to buy it myself I must do it on my Mother's schedule and with her money.  Sucks.  Not that I have ample time during the week due to learning a new job.

So the new schedule my family is learning is challenging.  I went back to work, my husband went back to college and kept a full time job, my kids are on summer vacation and my mother's friend has been kind enough to babysit my kids for nothing.  I was going to say nearly nothing by to be honest I did not pay her last week and did not pay this week and there is little hope of being able to pay her next week too.  Sigh.

So now I need to focus on building my business practice and I am quite shy.  You may not think so, but reaching out and offering help, let alone asking for it is a huge road block for me right now.  I am self conscience and overly worried about everything.  I need to ask for help but don't know how...

I also don't know how to stop talking or keep to a schedule very well.

Anyway.  The house looks slightly better than last week.  It smells better too.  Unfortunately the building here is going to be painted and the windows have this apocalyptic plastic covering them.  Every window in my home has been covered since Tuesday and they still haven't painted the building.  I am not sure what they are waiting for.  The plastic reminds me of the time people over reacted to the threat of biological terrorist attacks.  I have a picture.....  Somewhere.  Anyway it is making me crazy, I feel so tense.  I don't like it. Resisting the urge to rip it from the building!  I want to see the sun.  Maybe that is why the kids are so disgruntled this week?

About to tear it down.  I also don't like having all the things that belong outside, inside.  The kids bikes are all over the house and they keep trying to ride them in the house.  They are all covered in pine needles, spider webs and dust from last weeks dust storm.  Disgusting!

Someone please help me.  I don't know what I should do next.

Fun and exciting!  I finally got an invite to Google+ that works.  I set that up this morning instead of doing things I had intended on.  It took awhile.  It is now up and I am happy to have it.  Something about being a techno geek and needing to be and early adopter of things.  ooh look a kitty thing, sift and toss, if I had a kitty I would buy it.  So if you want an invite let me know, I think everyone should be invited to something so cool.  I like using it on my phone, ipad, mac book and I am sure I will like using it on my husbands boring pc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment