Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Secrets, Secrets, secrets

I am not going to tell you my secrets.  Besides you already know most of the secrets anyway.  Its not hard, read the archive.

Back to interviewing for jobs.  I received a job offer today.  I think I accepted.  Not sure about it so I applied at the Sign A Rama on the way home.  Still have to return the call for the Credit Card Processor Company and talk to that lady at the Temp Agency that offered me a position that last 8 months but doesn't have an official start date.  So is it wrong to keep looking?  Even though I have two offers and I have accepted both offers, yet neither starts this week, is it wrong?

Right now it seems like all I really want to do is stuff for the Boy Scouts of America, Pack 293 in Peoria, but finding a job keeps getting in my way.  Just not enough hours in the day to do everything I want to do.  I want to write and edit a draft of our Charter, which we don't have!  I want to edit and put together a New Parent Orientation, because I think it is important.  I want to officially declare that I want the Committee Chair Position to our Chartered Organization Representative.  But again, I need to find a job.  Maybe I won't find a job that allows me to be the Committee Chair, or worse one that wants me to not be part of the Cub Scouts.  (I have found several of those.)

What is wrong with the world when they don't want people who are invested in the community?  I don't know.  I will keep applying.  Found four or five more to send resumes to this evening after Cub Scouts.

I should be cooking dinner right now, but I am not, my eight year old is.  I am looking for work, while my toddler runs around with his pants off again!  He is outside trying to make me crazy!  My laundry still needs to be folded and my head hurts.

The house buying is on track. Yet I worry because I want to find a job before the short sale is approved so we can qualify for a VA home loan instead.  I am desperate for a job, but seem to be unable to find work that offers an hourly wage or salary.  I am busy like no one else I know.  I applied for Vocational Rehabilitation for myself and continue to work to get that going.  I applied for social security disability income for my five year old.  I figured it was time that he get the assistance he needed, like physical therapy for his motor skills, but have been told this process will take an agonizing 6-8 months.  Grrr!

Why is it when you are the most desperate for a job, you simply can't find one?  And why is it that you can get a job, but not when you need it?  Why has the world become so politically correct that you can't  tell an interviewer the truth about why you quit a job, or what you are searching for in a company?  Why do we need to keep secret the truth of what motivated an action or motivates us today?  I don't know.  Today, I answered truthfully about why I wanted a job, not just a little bit of the truth but the whole thing.  I was offered the job, yet I am still somehow unsatisfied, because I had to hold back why I quit some previous employers.

In case you are wondering those are not hypothetical questions.  I want to know why sharing the whole truth has become a bad thing to do.  I want to understand why the non-ADHD world is so different from the ADHD world of complete openness, acceptance and compassion. Other questions like Why are so many people following me on Digg?  I haven't posted anything there in months, yet I get new followers everyday.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment