Saturday, March 24, 2012

I will take any job...

as long as I can either pay for child care or work in the middle of the night, so I don't need to pay for child care. 

This process of seeking work that meets just those two qualifications seems to be ridiculously tedious.  I remember looking for work being easier.  Maybe it was, or maybe I didn't need to work around my own kids and volunteer activities. 

Sorry world, I want more, not more pay, just more.  I believe that all workers should have the ability to cook their own dinner most nights of the week, visit a friend or family member, attend church and volunteer in their community.  I believe these parts of life should be part of every employees balance.  I don't think that the very activities that make us stronger as a society should be sacrificed. 

Everyone complains about urban blight, crime and how all these kids are left to their own devices as their parents are off earning a living, yet no movement exist to actually change it.  Its not more money that families need, its simply a better balance.  I believe that even on a tiny income if a family could balance life with work without sacrificing one for the other society would be a more peaceful and orderly place, jails less crowded and few people would be hungry.  We as a community would be better able to help our neighbors with their basic needs and thus need government less. 


No comments:

Post a Comment