Friday, January 21, 2011

New battery, youth returned!

After finally getting my husband to replace my laptops broken screen, I also have a new battery.  It took a long time to get one, they happen to be rather expensive, about 100 bucks.  If you have a job or are single I bet $100 does not sound like that much money, if you were like me you'd be wrong.  

Being poor.  I really want an IPhone.  Or any smart phone.  It would be nice to ditch the pay as you go Virgin Mobile phone and have an unlimited phone with internet and email and an electronic calendar.  A long time ago I was a Palm Pilot user, you remember those,  they were what we had before smart phones.

Having a Palm Pilot was great.  It was definitely nerdy, geeky and elitist.  I broke many screens and dread the day it happens to my future smartphone because I know they are expensive to replace professionally and think that it might take a week or more for my hubby to fix it, an eternity to live without a phone.  

So back to the Mac Book, which I love!  I am told it is something an elitist geek would own.  I would not know, I just know it is great and handles kids very well.  I feel like I have owned this little white book for an eternity!  I also want a new one, maybe a Mac Book Pro in sleek aluminium.  One can dream, and hope that this precious machine never encounters Kool-Aid.  

My brother visited for the second day in a row.  He wanted his MacBook OS upgraded to Snow Leopard for free.  He loves Pirate Bay.  Thanks for the bringing my hubby the free beer.  I also appreciate Pirate Bay.  Snow Leopard is rather nice.  It seems faster and am glad we did not pay 139 each for the upgrade.  I am actually poor, my brother just thinks he is.  I think next week we will both try out iLife 11, which seems nice, it certainly looks shiny and new.  

So now I have an laptop that is once again portable.  I can be mobile again.  I can be snobbish and drink an ice tea at Starbucks, (I am told it is the cheapest drink).  Soon I will search for new hotspots and take this beast to exotic locations, like McDonald's playland.  It is nice to have youth returned via new battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment