Saturday, March 5, 2011

Inability to be calm and still

It has been a rather difficult 3 days.  I can't seem to relax and just sit.  My mind has been wandering.  I have had trouble just watching TV or simply surfing the net.

I will give myself the fact that it has been an unusual week because since Friday I have been to the ER, OBGYN and Family Doc.  Oh, and last week we increased the dose of Adderall.  I think it is working, but the side effect is that I am more aware of just how difficult it is to sit still, just do one thing and remember to start cooking before my kids are hungry.

Why all the doctor's visits?  Well I went to the ER because the OBGYN told me to.  Gross the PMS has been getting worse and the period was so heavy the last 2 months that I was using the economy size of pads and tampons and nearly out.  If your a man, you may not see that as a whole lot, but typically a regular pack of those things is half the size and last 1-2 months.  The economy size should last 2-4 months. So that is just too many and could actually lead a woman to loose too much blood.  Also, it is incredibly uncomfortable and loosing that much in a 10 day period leads to being exhausted from low iron and blood count.

So I followed up the the OBGYN like they asked.  Yea me.  I remembered to do what was asked.  Doc said I was fine.  But I would probably be better off with a different birth control.  The doctor claims that a different bc could lower the symptoms of PMS and probably reduce heavy flow.

Why did I go see the family doc?  I finally remembered on a day that was not a weekend to make an appointment.  I always remember around 5 in the evening on Friday that I need to make an appointment, problem is that my doc typically vacates his office early on a Friday.  Or worse I don't remember until Saturday morning.  The reason for seeing the doc?  I've had a cough.  Many times the cough is so bad that I can't talk, to me seems like an asthma.  The doc doesn't think so.  He thinks I have acid reflux.  Weird.  He gave me some samples of acid reflux medicine and said to come back in two weeks.   So I guess we will see if he is right...
I had other reasons for going to the doc.  Like a long, long, long time ago I asked the doc that quit working in his office for a referral to a surgeon.  And to get these dang skin tags off. I actually got all of those things out of my mouth and to the doctor.  Guess what all those things will get taken care of.  I will see a surgeon next week.  Maybe my umbilical hernia will be fixed so it won't hurt when I try to exercise.  If you have never had a hernia consider yourself lucky.  I have been living with mine since 2003 and getting fatter and slower because of it.  I just want to be able to move and sit up straight without pain.  That would be nice, I bet it would be a lot easier to loose the weight.

So yes I got many things taken care of and off the preverbal To-Do List that I never write.  But I have not been able to relax.  Finish anything?  Kinda, but because I keep thinking of all the other things I need to do, many are still not finished or even started.  Things on the To-Do List that I never started?  Balance the check book, exercise, make breakfast, read a chapter out of my book, call that counselor lady back figure out what we have money to buy.  Why does gas now cost 3.45?  Anyway things I got done:  shred the tax papers from a long time ago, go to the doctor and figure out how to stop the cough, fill a prescription, most of the laundry and watered the garden once.  Sat and thought about doing lots of things, but never started most of them.  I did go on a shopping spree, I guess that it impulse control.  I bought stuff; more books, a digital photo frame/whiteboard thingy, more books, planner pages.  Dreamed about my iPad 2 with smart cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment