Monday, February 21, 2011

Controlling the urge to get some wood

Sigh....  WOke up this morning with an incredible urge to get some wood.  It is not something I can explain real well, but I have this overwhelming desire to buy wood scraps and some more dog ear fence boards.  I woke to this idea that I could build a small writing desk from 2 Dog Ear cedar fence boards for the table top, 1 2x2 pine board for the legs, (maybe 2 so the legs will be nice and stable), a 1 1x3 pine board for the desk skirt.   I think that if you count the cost of screws $5.00, paint $5-10, clear poly for the cedar $10, and the wood I can build it for about $35-$45.  Huh, in my head I thought I could build it for $20.  I know if I take the time to draw it I will just have a stronger desire to go and get the pieces.

Baby is up.  Now I will need to type one handed.  He is upset.  He has been grumpy upon waking for the last few days.  His older brother, nicky is sick.  The doctor last night said that he has strep and that it is highly contagious, which instantly made me feel like I had a sore throat and that I should go hide.


Stupid news stories that have bugged me this week. And the lucky parents who's kids actually survived their Dumb parents!

1.  Baby Boy falls from second story apartment window to ground below, Peoria, Az.  Why this bugs me.  The reporter reports the baby is okay and then they show the girl (mom), in the babies bedroom.  You look inside the room and the baby has a toddler baby, a night stand next to the bed and a small chest of dresser drawers right below the window.  Any adult that has a child can envision this.  Picture it in your head, now imagine a toddler boy that has just recently learned to walk and climb.  Common sense would have told any reasonable adult that this was a bad furniture configuration!  I mean really did she not think oh, window, oh climbable furniture, yes that makes the room look good and my child is smart enough at 15 months old not to climb that and push on the open window?!  Really, she should be forced to take a parenting and child safety class!  Give me a break why did the reporters not point out how dumb this was?!

2.  2 girls in a bouncy house blown away in Marana, Az.  Have you seen a bouncy house?  A big inflatable canvas jumper, with a 2 giant warning labels on the outside of the house.  The first tells adults that children should not be wearing shoes and the number of children that can safely be in the bouncy house, usually 2-4 kids.  The second has a whole bunch of warning labels about where it should be placed and safety guidelines about using the house when power fails and during gusty and high winds.  In case you are as dumb as the parents supervising these 2 girls that were blown away, it says do not use when the power is our due to suffocation risk and not to use during wind or gusty conditions due to the fact that it can BLOW AWAY! Really?  You mean canvas filled with air can just blow away?  You mean to tell me that canvas coated with plastic lamination and filled with air can be deadly?  Well yes.  A bouncy house is really like  those disposable plastic grocery sacks you get each week that say "Suffocation hazard, keep bad away from infants."  Again, why did the reporter not point out the danger these idiot parents were placing he kids in.

No comments:

Post a Comment