Friday, February 18, 2011

Dirty...but proud


Feeling proud right now.  I actually finished something I started.  Okay, really I finished about 50% of what I started.  But hey that is farther then normal for me.  Definitely I am dirty.  I worked on my first of three wood projects.  These are wood projects that I have had locked in my disorganized mind for months.  The first, I hope is the easiest, our garden box for our patio apartment. 

So the garden box.  I made it very cheap, oddly enough out of the same stuff you make wood fences out of.  Even odder the day after I decided that they were the best and cheapest material to use, I found a website that used the same thing!   It’s a place called anaAna White list designs that are free and easy to build, you should go there if you have some furniture you need or just interested in dreaming. 

I went to Home Depot and picked up 12 fence boards and had the man, after it took a half hour to find him, cut off the “dog ears” off all of them and then cut 4 of them in half.  I picked up some nice 1 ¼” wood screws, a bottle of wood glue, some grade stakes and 4 bags of dirt.  Yeah, me!  I remembered all the things that I needed to build the boxes including the nice little dowels I am going to use to make the “dog ears” into garden labels.

The first of the 2 boxes is finished, put in the garden spot, filled with the dirt and that is that.  I intend on finishing the second box in the morning.  So I feel dirty after dumping the bags of dirt into the box.  I feel even dirtier knowing that I just cleared off the poo from the Danny’s dirty diapers.  I think I need a shower, I am kind of itchy.  

No comments:

Post a Comment