Saturday, January 21, 2012

Day three...

Exhausted last night. My two year old is still feverish. I called the urgent care clinic back because he had developed a bad cough and they requested I bring him back.

I didn't have a car or a stroller. I considered walking the mile and buying a stroller after the appointment at the nearby Target and taking a cab. Both seemed like poor options. I sent a text message to my estranged husband asking to bring me the Car. Seeing as how he hadn't responded to the previous text about the kids being ill I didn't hold out much hope. I prepared to walk.

Surprise! He text back saying he would be over in five. He arrived.

The next five minutes were the most awkward in all the history of our marriage. Absolute silence and the longest red light of my life; longer than any red light on Grand Ave as a train passes by.

Long end to the story I got the keys and the car back! I took my baby back to the urgent care where I was instructed to keep giving the antibiotics and add a cortisteroid and over counter cough syrup. My five year old went to school for the first time this week, Friday. And my eight year old added coughing to his cold.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

“I sent a text message to my estranged husband asking to bring me the Car. Seeing as how he hadn't responded to the previous text about the kids being ill I didn't hold out much hope. I prepared to walk.” Notice she doesn’t bother to explain to the reader that the text she had sent telling me the kids were ill when after she had told me she wanted a divorce. Do you think you would be in a talkative mood after that? Surprise!
“He text back saying he would be over in five. He arrived. The next five minutes were the most awkward in all the history of our marriage. Absolute silence and the longest red light of my life; longer than any red light on Grand Ave as a train passes by.” Again she does not feel the need to state that after arriving with the keys to the car she then gave me attitude about whether or not I was giving her a ride to the car since I had brought the truck to deliver her the keys. She will say that she just asked me if I was giving her a ride and I am taking it the wrong way. “Well! Are you giving me a ride or do I have to walk carrying a sick kid back to the car?” That’s what she said. So if I was an easily upset person who starts arguments for no reason, wouldn’t you think I would have ripped her a new one. No, I gave her ride back to the car and she left. No thank you, nothing. So tell me who is really the victim.

Post a Comment