Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Kid sick again

It's something I wonder, how many times a year is it normal to have a cold? It seems like my kid is sick every other week. Fever, body aches, sore throat. I wonder about myself as well! In the last 30 days I have been taken down by a cold, stomach bug and strep throat. That doesn't count the number of times I was sick in December or November either. I read some where that University of Arizona did a study on children with ADHD and frequent illness, where when the tonsils and anadiloids were removed 50% of patients actually stopped exhibiting symptoms of ADHD impairment. Just wondering if that is a solution for me or if it would help my 5 year old.

Tried to go to the Jewel Center in downtown Phoenix again. And again I was turned away because the child care center was short staffed. It bugs me because it is such a long drive to get there and they won't let you take any classes until after orientation is completed. After yesterday's visit with the Vocational Rehabilitation counselor I would like to take one of their parenting classes as well as the self esteem class I keep trying to get into. Bummer after a very long drive! Of course if my 5 year old hadn't been sick I might have been able to see if my Aunt was at my Nana's house to watch the baby. I simply can't visit my Nana with a sick kid, she has become far to frail for it. So I will need to try another day or week to get this orientation finished.

So a friend of my husband has become annoyed with the airing of the dirty laundry. I told her it was fine If she unfriend me as she had to do what was best for her mental health. She reports he post things on his Facebook page about my blog, arguments ect. That's fine by me, I don't read his Facebook page. I never actually did even when he was a friend of mine on Facebook page. I have heard enough from the media about how reading your spouses pages are bad for your marriage. Besides I didn't have time when I was busy trying to keep house his way. I do have the time now, but find it better spent studying marriage self help books, career advice, ADHD, and PDD-Nos. I learned yesterday that my five year old is eligible for Social Security Disability Income, which could help me get him into tutoring, motor skills development, or other enrichment program to keep him as close to his peers as possible. I haven't made the call, yet. It is just so overwhelming to think that your 5 year old as eligible for SSDI. So I will work on that tomorrow.

In the mean time I will try and wash the sheets and towels that got dirty when my two year old had explosive diarrhea this afternoon. And hope I can get everyone in the car to drop off my oldest for scouts because my husband promises to pick him up.

6 comments:

Lacy said...

You choose to blog about your life and air your dirty laundry. I don’t do that and I think it’s insane that others do. Yet I read it and chose to respond. That was my mistake. In the future do NOT write about me in your blog. I didn’t give you permission. I stated I had no idea what your problems are and I don’t care anymore. You say you write this for your friends and family to keep them updated. Fine they can read the comments to see what I’ve said. Don’t write about me and bring me into your problems!!!!
Thanks

Anonymous said...

You said yesterday that you were going to unfriend her and stop reading her blog but yet you've taken the time out of your life again to read what she had to say. Stop complaining that you're tired of reading about her problems if all you are going to do is keep reading about them. And as far as her mentioning you, she never said your name. By you responding to the post you put your self on blast. Common sense lady.

Heather M said...

Tee hee Anonymous, you got it! For all the 'friend' knows, Pam is talking about someone else. Get over yourself.

Anonymous said...

Exactly. Get over yourself. Are you kidding me? She didn't get your permission because she didn't mention your name. Duh!

Anonymous said...

I despair at humanity sometimes. What's wrong with you people?

Sophia said...

Hey lady! So you mentioned a study that took place about children having their tonsils taken out and how it relates to ADHD. I can't remember all the details of what I have read, but from what I do remember, some children are diagnosed with ADHD but really, that is just a symptom of something along the lines of sleep apnea. So in a nutshell, some children have some sort of sleep apnea that wakes them up many times throughout the night. It doesn't completely wake them up but it seriously disturbs their sleep cycle. So during the day, they are sleep deprived, even though parents thought they had a perfect night's sleep, and that sleep deprivation is expressed through symptoms that are similar to ADHD. It may be worth your while to talk to your doctor about it and rule it out. I do remember reading that simply removing their tonsils helps significantly if not completely relieves the symptoms. You may have to be pushy with the doc though since some think they know it all. Look up the research and and have him/her look into it! Good luck!

Post a Comment