Tuesday, May 10, 2011

$120

So how long does $120.00 last? How many kids do you have, cars? How much does it cost you to buy electricity, fast food, lip gloss, toothbrushes, laundry soap?

Two weeks ago I decided to try an allowance for myself. My allowance would include paying For electricity, household supplies and the occassional drive thru treat. I planned on using $40.00 for my M-power electric plan, which is a pay as you go plan, the rest could be used for family meals and things food stamps don't cover. Like laundry soap, hair spray, lotion, vitamins, ectera. I thought this $120.00 would also allow me to give $5.00 allowance to each child and even put $5.00 into an old savings account we have neglected for years.

I also thought that at 1/4th this would provide ample cash.

So I spent it all in less than one hour. That includes the electricity and kids allowance. I thing I have five for the savings account that we shave neglected....but then again.

Okay to be fair this is the second week I did this. Yes, both weeks it has been sent faster than I can type a message in twitter, but I still have hope that this could work. I am still working on the home inventory and have found much to my suppress that we need very little when it comes to cleaning supplies or toilet paper. So maybe I could train myself to provide all the things we a need like toilet paper and all the things we like, such as mouthwash, nail polish and the occasional meal in the drive thru. So on I go. Perhaps Dave Ramsey could help me?

No comments:

Post a Comment