Saturday, May 7, 2011

What happened to customer service?

What a hard day. It's only 11:45am and I have encountered bad, really bad customer service twice. That means the two places I was supposed to go to were awful!

You might think I would get used to being treated badly, but I refuse to be treated like this. I was so angry, so frustrated by doing what I am supposed to do and encountering people who simply don't care. I mean every week it seems I have written about something gone wrong

So The first thing we did this morning was attend breakfast with my mom at I.H.o.p. This is typically a easy experience. You show up, get seated' figure out what you want to eat and the server brings it out to you. Then stuffed and wishing you brought elastic pants you go about your day. That is not how it happened ay. Instead we told the server what we wanted and received cold food, made wrong. When she tried tocirrect it she did not listen tow at we asked for and got it wrong again. Did she apologize? No. If she did I did not hear it and neither did my mother. We ate our cold and wrong food, because we were hungry. Disappointed and annoyed, the manager profusely apologized for his waitresses failures and comped the meal. If you have ever had your meal comped because the service was so awful, then you know that this does not make it better.

We went to my moms and recouped for an hour. The kids played, screamed and caused general havoc. We left.

Off to the dentist. This was supposed to be easy. I made the appointment two weeks ago. I confirmed with the receptionist twice before hanging up that I had two appointments and what was being done. Good. All assured everything was good i put it on the calendar. We got there and just as you guessed they only had one appointment scheduled. Worse, according to them it was simply my fault and I would need to return to get my son, 4 who has been in pain for two weeks at a later date. Which would take another two to three weeks to get, leaving my four year old complaining and in pain for another two weeks. When I protested that this was not right, he would only agree to look at his mouth and see if he saw signs of obvious infection that might need antibiotics. Yes, that is what I want, Not! What I wanted... Both my sons to have their teeth cleaned, my four year old to have the cavity we scheduled filled and to see if there was another reason his mouth hurt. I see no reason why that should have been hard. They claimed that because their office was closed, they could not run his insurance to verify he needed to have his teeth cleaned. Really? Look at his teeth and then tell me he don't need to have his teeth professionally cleaned. The way they saw it I was completely wrong and since I was on public health insurance could be treated badly without remorse.

It should not matter that I am currently so financial broken that I have placed my kids on public health care. I and my time deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. We are after all humans. The dentist office offered no other assistance.

Angry and on the verge of tears I drove down the same street and stopped at the first dentist office that was opened and asked if they took our public health insurance. No, she said, but she thought another office did and she immediately called them for an immediate Saturday appointment. That was not all, she printed outa google map from her office to their office and promised I would like them much better then the clinic I just came from. Her smile was warm and genuine,and if you are ever looking for a warm office for your kids go ahead and try A to Z Dental in Glendale Arizona. Their office will provide you with what you except, customer service with a smile.

Day blown we stopped at a local barber shop called All Pro right off of 83rd ave and Bethany home Rd in Glendale az. It wads it busy, the barbers were youthful, thorough and patient. So while I sat typing this they cut my two older son's hair.when my four year old's nose ran, he opened a box of

Kleenex. Thanks Jimmy, I needed to see that. Humans treating others with kindness, that is what customer service is. So Jimmy cuts my 4year olds head and Jorge cut my7 year olds. A smile on My face a Lollie pop in their hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment