Sunday, May 22, 2011

this week....

So this week I finally broke my platuea and now the butt in my fitted jeans is just a bit baggy. It feels really nice to say I am officially under 175. I celebrated with a snickers :0 Yes, I know not the most practical way to celebrate weightless. But I did not break free from the 175 mark by denying myself yum junk. I broke free by moving more. So now it is on to the next goal, five more, breaking the 170 mark. Hopefully a whole lot faster then the 175 mark.

I said I moved more. I really did! Do you know how difficult it is to wash and wax a car? That is how I broke the 175 mark. Then there was the effort it takes to tend the garden. Which brings another point. I did not change my diet persay, except eating a few items from the home garden. Did that make a difference? Do eating veggies and fruits from your own garden change your weight. Not eating more fruits and veggies or lowering the amount of calories, but is having a better quality, closer to nature, less chemical soup, veggie make a difference in how your body burns fat? I suppose that is a question that should be tackled by scientist and not some random persons anecdote.

A week or two ago I listened to a webcast about raising ADHD children and common difficulties parents encounter. They offered suggestions on how to overcome some typical challenges (http://www.addclasses.com/). One thing the ladies talked about: children forgetting to brush teeth or not wanting too; made me laugh so hard. Not that poor hygiene is funny or the thought some normal people might think about how disgusting it feels not to brush ones teeth. It made me laugh because I saw myself. I am betting if you are in the normal camp the idea that brushing ones own teeth is waste of time is utter nonsense, but you miss the whole thing with add is about immediate positive feedback. Brushing your teeth does not really pay off immediately, it is something that takes a long time to see the results of the process, though it only takes a few years of neglect to see the negative results. Besides, brushing your teeth everyday is boring, and if you have a history of neglecting the teeth, it may actually hurt a lot to start brushing your teeth, so not doing it gets reinforced because it hurts. So if you are a parent, please stick to your guns and make your kids brush their teeth, oh, and don't do it for them or they won't do it when they are older. Really, just so you know it takes weeks and months to see results of good oral hygiene, something people with ADHD don't typically adhere too very long.

FYI I also worked on my resume. Still trying to define what the perfect job would be for me. I would still love to start my own business. I still think I could become a successful house painter, but ..... I have kids, my husbands about to go to school full-time, which means he won't be working full-time and we really need to have a steady, regular income while he is in school and health insurance is not just something that would be nice to have, it is a requirement that will help prevent total disaster both physically, mentally and financially. We simply can't afford not to be covered!

1 comment:

Penny said...

I can agree with you on teeth brushing. I have to nag my daughter to brush her teeth everyday. Its like trying to keep up on picking up the dog poop in the yard so you do not step in. She is ADHD and BiPolor, and out of control sometimes when it comes to hygeine. I thought maybe it was the teenage years or the ADHD. I still am trying to figure this one out.

Good job on your weight loss, keep going you will get there soon. I know it is hard work and a lot of dedication. But if you keep at it you will get there soon. I know how hard it is, I only have 10lbs left to go and I will be were I need to be. I am at 170 and I started at 245 after chemo 1 year and half ago. I can not believe this year will be 2 years cancer free Yeepee. I am so proud of your accomplishment at trying to keep up with the little ones and trying to lose weight at the same time. That is an accomplishment in it self.

Post a Comment